X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem of Context sensitive help opens but closes instantly

Iam new to Java and Spring STS. Iam using STS 3.1.0.201210061306-RELEASE-e42. My problem is that when I place mouse or press CTRL+SPACE for context sensitive help, the popup window opens but closes instantly and doesn't stay opened for a while. If I keep pressing the CTRL+SPACE for a while, then a loop of context help window popup and shutdown starts.

I am sure that, there are some help tips there regarding the word but it doesn't stay for such a period of time that I can read it down and close it manually.

I have tried by downloading and reinstalling the new copy of STS, but problem persists there.

Can any one guide me, how to solve this problem.

Hey!

This sounds like a problem that could be related to the new UI implementation that is part of Eclipse 4.2, the underlying platform of your STS installation. Can you download and install the STS 3.1.0.RELEASE for Eclipse 3.8 instead to see if that fixes the problem? It provides the same functionality, but is based on the older, more mature Eclipse UI implementation. So from what you describe I think it is worth to try that.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

I have also tried following version : Version: 3.1.0.RELEASE Build Id: 201210061308.

But problem still persists.

Comment

Hey!

On what operating system are you running STS?

-Martin

Comment

Iam using Win-7 32-bit.

java version "1.7.0_09"
          Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)

BTW, I also tried Netbeans 7.2. It doesn't show this sort of problem.

Comment

Hey!

That is strange. Andy tried this on his Windows machine (STS3.1.0.M1 on Eclipse 4.2, Win7 64bit and jdk1.7.0_07-b11) and it works on his machine. Do you see any error logs in the Error Logs view maybe?

-Martin

P.S.: Netbeans uses a totally different UI implementation, therefore it is not no wonder that is behaves differently... ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X