Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS 3.0 and 3.1 with poor performance at all xml related tasks Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.0 and 3.1 with poor performance at all xml related tasks

Hello,

i am suffering under a bad STS performance when working with xml files (xml, xsd, jnlp, pom ...)
    That appears at 3.0 as also in 3.1.
    I have raised xms and xmx to 1024m what improves a little bit.

Is there an alternate XML Editor or can i make better settings?

best regards and thanks in advance

There are some major performance improvements coming in this area for STS 3.2.0, which should be out in about a month. The M2 release should be available in a week or two.

Until then, you can try moving to an Eclipse 3.8.1-based STS. These versions do not suffer from the same performance problems as the 4.2.1-based STS's. 3.8.1-based STS's are available from the download page. You can try that out first and then also wait for the 3.2 buids to come out.

Comment

OK - thank you.

Will the new release come via update mechanism or will i have to migrate manually?

best regards

Comment

Get it now, by using this update site:
        http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...S/nightly/e4.2

Or wait and download a pre-configured zip (I'd go with the first).

Comment

Hey!

I would also like to ask you to check the ST 3.1.0.RELEASE for Eclipse 3.8. I am aware of some performance issues around XML editors that are caused by the Eclipse 4.2 platform implementation, so I assume just taking a 3.8-based STS distribution and using that would be the easiest solution.

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X