Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I run eclipse spring roo project in sts

I right clicked project -> Run as -> But can't find the tomcat option

has followed steps up to 2.1.10 in http://static.springsource.org/sprin...beginning.html successfully

I have to go command prompt to cd the directory then type maven tomcat:run

Hey!

Did you create the project as a Spring Roo project in STS directly? Or from the command line?
    If you created the project as a Spring Roo project in STS directly, you should be able to drag&drop the project onto a configured Tomcat or tc Server and have it deployed that way.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

created a project as spring roo project in STS and would like to run in STS
      if not any changes I made I will have to drag and drop into Tomcat server to see whether it works

Comment

Hey!

Does it work for you to drag&drop that project into the Tomcat server in your "Servers" view inside STS/Eclipse?
        If not, can you try to create a project from the Spring Template projects (the MVC one, for example) and drag&drop that into the tc Server that should be configured automatically in your STS and showing up in the Servers view as well?

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
          Hey!

Did you create the project as a Spring Roo project in STS directly? Or from the command line?
          If you created the project as a Spring Roo project in STS directly, you should be able to drag&drop the project onto a configured Tomcat or tc Server and have it deployed that way.

HTH,
          Martin
          when i run tomcat server does it run all the projects in eclipse? I open servers tomcat 7 and can't find my project inside, how do I add the spring roo project and run using that tomcat?

I tried to drag but doesn't work

how do you drag and drop the project on tomcat
          Last edited by z080236; Jan 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Hey!

Do you have the Tomcat instance configured in your STS/Eclipse so that it appears in your Servers view? Or did you try to drag&drop your project into the configured tc Server instance? (that one should appear automatically in your Servers view when you are using an STS distribution to work from)

HTH,
            Martin

Comment

Hey!

Do you have the Tomcat instance configured in your STS/Eclipse so that it appears in your Servers view? Or did you try to drag&drop your project into the configured tc Server instance? (that one should appear automatically in your Servers view when you are using an STS distribution to work from)

HTH,
              Martin
              yes i have configured tomcat server , somehow my project looks something like this(it has not been configured to run on web?)

Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey!

I am a bit confused about how exactly you setup your project. Can you give me detailed steps how to reproduce this problem that you have?

-Martin

Comment

Hey!

I am a bit confused about how exactly you setup your project. Can you give me detailed steps how to reproduce this problem that you have?

-Martin
                  From eclipse sts 3.1
                  I click file->new->Spring Roo Project

Then I followed the steps of tut as follows
                  without the perform eclipse command

Comment

Step 2.9 of the tutorial says Deploy to a integrated Web container configured in STS:
                    • Drag your project to the desired Web container inside the STS server view
                    • Right-click your project and select 'Run As > Run on Server' to deploy to the desired Web container

but if neither of these work you can also right-click your server and select 'Add and Remove...' then in the dialog that comes up, select your pizza project from the Available column and click the 'Add >' button so that your project appears under the Configured column. Then you should be able to start your server and run the project. If your project doesn't appear in the Available column when the Add and Remove... dialog comes up then there's a configuration problem and maybe you missed one of the steps of the tutorial.

Comment

I have the same issue:
                      I created a fresh roo project directly from spring - STS and then drag the project to the server, it doesn't let me!

Comment

Hey!

In case you created a brand-new Spring Roo project, you maybe chose "JAR" as the package type (which is not deployable to a tc Server). You can choose "WAR" as the package type (or create a real web app using the Roo commands, then the package type will be switched over to a war type automatically).

HTH,
                        Martin

Comment

oh, I see. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X