Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An internal error occurred during: "Downloading RSS feeds".

I am running Spring Tool Suite Version: 3.1.0.RELEASE (Build Id: 201210061306). I have installed some stuff, like plug-ins to integrate with Tomcat and Subversion. Last week, maybe the week before I started getting this error once STS fully loaded:

An internal error occurred during: "Downloading RSS feeds".
    class "org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.ui.PrepareIn stallProfileJob_e_3_5"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

It didn't matter much to me until today when I tried to add Grails support, when I go to the Dashboard, I get this error:

Unexpected exception: class "org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.ui.PrepareIn stallProfileJob_e_3_5"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
    class "org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.discovery.ui.PrepareIn stallProfileJob_e_3_5"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

I don't even begin to know enough about Java and Eclipse to debug this issue. Any suggestions?

Hey!

Sorry for the delay... holiday season... Happy New Year!!! :-)

Do you still get this error in your STS 3.1.0 installation? I just tried the same and I can use the Dashboard, so it doesn't seem to be a general issue. What happens when you use a fresh STS installation (just for testing purposes)?

-Martin

Comment

Well, I had the issue with the 64-bit version, I am now using the 32-version and not worried about it anymore.

Comment

Hey!

The problem appears in the 64bit version but not the 32bit one? That is... interesting... Did you try to install a fresh 64bit version and tried again maybe? Would be interesting to know if the error persists even with a fresh 64bit version.

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Martin,

I am 99.9% sure that if I reinstalled 64-bit, all would be fine. I am just learning Java, Eclipse, STS, Spring, etc. It was working initially and I was tinkering around and then it broke. I am nearly positive that it broke because of my tinkering, the problem is I don't recall exactly what I was doing when it stopped working. If you all cannot make heads or tails of the error message, I think it is best to chuck this up to the fact that the world is imperfect

If you would like me to dig a bit as to help you trouble shoot, I would be happy to. Just let me know what I can do.

In Peace,
          Sam

Comment

Hey Sam!

Thanks for your help with troubleshooting this. I don't have a concrete idea in mind how to reproduce this at the moment, but whenever you hit this problem again, please let us know and we can try to find out what exactly happened. Ok?

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X