Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
STS tc Server shutdown different than typical tomcat. No (default) contextDestroyed? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS tc Server shutdown different than typical tomcat. No (default) contextDestroyed?

Wondering what I'm missing. Why would the default not shutdown my STS tc server properly (i.e. triggering contextDestroyed event for app and therefore Spring applicationContext destruction). I'm sure this has got to be an easy fix. Why not the default?

Looking into more tc Server specifics, like ${base.shutdown.port} is -1. Any guidance is appreciated.

Using 3.1.0.RELEASE on e3.8 Windows 64bit.

Changing key for base.shutdown.port from -1 to 8005 enabled the clean shutdown. If someone could please explain to me why this is not the default I would appreciate it... With default behavior, it appears to just kill the process? It is not clear to me why one would want this behavior.

Comment

I'm not certain why -1 was chosen for the default, but you'll be happy to know that starting with STS 3.2.0M1 you can set these values when creating a new tc Server instance.

Comment

Working...
      X