X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS User Agent Agreement acceptance dialog always pops up

Regardless of whether I reject or accept the STS UAA in the "Consent required" dialog which appears at STS startup, my rejection or acceptance never holds. I have to answer the dialog every time I restart STS. Even if I go to the Preferences > Spring Source > User Agent Analysis panel and set the privacy level (I set it to "send enhanced anonymous info") and then "Apply", the STS UAA "Consent required" dialog is shown the next time I start STS.

Is this the way it is supposed to be, or is it a bug? My thinking is that if I explicitly set my consent (regardless of whether it is reject or accept), I should not see this dialog every time STS starts.

[updated by editing] Oh, I forgot to mention that if for example, I set "Enhanced ..." in the preferences pane, hit "Apply" and then "OK", the next time I restart STS, the "Enhanced" and "Undecided..." radio buttons are highlighted, and very oddly, it is the "Undecided ..." radio button which is selected! This cannot be correct behavior.

STS version: 3.1.0
    OS X: 10.8.2
    JDK: build 1.7.0_10-ea-b08
    Last edited by pfurbacher; Dec 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM.

Hey!

This is clearly not the correct behavior. Once you answered that dialog it should never appear again. Your selection should be remembered (and changeable via the preference settings).

Under the hood this is stored in the preferences (~/Library/Preferences/) in a file called "org.springframework.uaa.plist". Is that somewhere? Or is there maybe an error showing up somewhere (in the Error Log view, for example)?

-Martin

Comment

Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

1. I removed the org.springframework.uaa.plist and related lockfile from the Preferences folder and restarted STS 3.1.0. It did not write new files after I made my selection to "send enhanced..." info.

2. There is nothing in the error log which suggests that an exception is being thrown. (I have manually wrapped lines in the following output.)

Code:
      !SESSION 2012-12-11 13:59:18.373 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=3.1.0.201210061306-RELEASE-e42
      java.version=1.7.0_10-ea
      java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
      BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
      Framework arguments:  -product org.springsource.sts.ide -keyring /Users/pf/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
      Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 
          -product org.springsource.sts.ide -keyring /Users/pf/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY at.bestsolution.efxclipse.tooling.css.jfx 4 0 2012-12-11 13:59:21.287
      !MESSAGE [SCR] Component definition XMLs not found in bundle 
          at.bestsolution.efxclipse.tooling.css.jfx. 
          The component header value is OSGI-INF/component.xml

!ENTRY at.bestsolution.efxclipse.tooling.css.jfx 4 0 2012-12-11 13:59:21.289
      !MESSAGE [SCR] Component definition XMLs not found in bundle 
          at.bestsolution.efxclipse.tooling.css.jfx. The component header 
          value is OSGI-INF/component.xml

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-12-11 13:59:36.381
      !MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to 
          local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. 
          This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

!ENTRY org.eclipse.m2e.logback.appender 2 0 2012-12-11 14:00:57.264
      !MESSAGE Using platform encoding (US-ASCII actually) to copy filtered 
          resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!

... // many more of these platform encoding entries
      I still get the "Consent required" dialog every time, no matter what.

Perhaps I should do a fresh installation, but that has the disadvantage having to add back all the plug-ins I have installed. I guess I'll have to live with this for a while.

Comment

Hey!

Since I am running out of ideas here, I've asked the guy who has implemented the parts of UAA that is doing this, maybe he can help. Hope he comes back to you soon.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
        X