X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Suite Tool New Project Template Not Loading

Im Thilina and Im new to spring tool suite. My Operating system is windows 8.

I first extracted "spring-tool-suite-3.1.0.RELEASE-e4.2-win32-x86_64.zip"file.

Next I i went to the "springsource" folder and selected "sts-3.1.0.RELEASE" folder.

I double clicked STS.exe to execute Spring Tool Suite.

Next In the dashboard I click Create > Spring Template Project.

Then I get the following error "Error while downloading or parsing descriptors file 'https://raw.github.com/SpringSource/spring-integration-templates/master/si-sts-templates/builds/descriptor.xml':

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error while retrieving https://raw.github.com/SpringSource/spring-integration-"

My internet is working fine. I don't know why I'm getting this problem. Hope you guys can help me to solve this issue.

Attachment

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thilina Gunawardane
    Attached Files

Hey Thilina!

Did you try to access that link from within your browser? Does that work? If that works, are you maybe behind a proxy? If so, those proxy settings need to be configured in Eclipse/STS as well (Preferences -> General -> Network Connections).

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes I tried accessing that using the browser within the STS, it directs me to that "descriptor.xml" file without any problem. Internet also working fine.
      Actually I'm not using any proxy, But at the very first time when i tried to install STS 3.1.0 I was using a proxy. Since then I didn't use any proxy. I completely removed the zip folder and re-installed it. But same problem appears.
      I would also like to know whether the STS software is compatible with Windows 8 operating system?

Thank you for putting in your time to help me out.

Thanks a lot.
      I'm Eagerly waiting for a response from you.

Regards,
      Thilina Gunawardane

Comment

Hey Thilina!

Yes, STS should be compatible with Windows 8 and I am not aware of any issues yet. The only thing that is special on the Windows systems is that you should NOT install STS into the Program Files area, but I don't think that should affect the template descriptor file loading. So I am running out of ideas here.

What you could try is to download the descriptors.xml file and access it locally (by changing the URL in the Spring template preferences to a local file URL pointing to your downloaded version). I don't know whether that fully solves the problem, since after accessing the descriptors.xml file STS will try to download the template itself (after you selected one). But we will see. Can you try that?

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

Yes I tried changing the URL in the Spring template preferences to a local file. It was successful but the same problem appeared when it tried to download the template. As it turns out it was a problem with my firewall. When I dropped the firewall it worked fine.

Thank you very much for putting in your valuable time to sort out the problem.
          Have a Great Time ahead.
          Enjoy !

Regards,
          Thilina Gunawardane

Comment

Hey Thilina!

Glad to hear its working now and thanks for letting us know what the problem was.

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X