X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrecognized characters in console window for timestamps

I have been using STS for Grails projects for a few weeks now under Ubuntu 12.04. I made some changes to Ubuntu today, and now I get unrecognized values for timestamps in the console window.

Attachment

The changes I made included changing the file system for /tmp to tmpfs, changing swappiness, and disabling compviz effects. Prior to that, the timestamps appeared correctly.
    Attached Files

What you are seeing there are Ansi escape codes that are sent by Grails 2.0 processes. They make things appear in nice color for ansi capable terminals. Unfortunately the Eclipse console is not Ansi capable so these chars show up as garbage text.

Normally, our Grails command execution infrastructure will wrap the external grails process to massage the output and get rid of the garbage text.

I can't see how your changes would have any effect on this.... but... it seems for some reason this 'output cleanup' feature has been disabled somehow.

Try the following. Go to the Grails preferences page
    Window >> Preferences
    Groovy >> Grails >> Grails Launch

There should be an option there to 'Cleanup Grails 2.0 output' check whether this is enabled.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X