Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
No completion in imported Maven Groovy jar project in STS 3.1.0? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No completion in imported Maven Groovy jar project in STS 3.1.0?

Hi all,

We've got a multimodule Maven project that was all Java, imported into STS 3.1.0 just fine. Now, we're adding another module, but this one is a Groovy (not Grails) project that builds a jar. We build via Maven & the groovy-eclipse-compiler just fine. Now, I'm trying to import the project into STS.

Before importing, I installed all of the Groovy (but not Grails) tooling and restarted.

I imported via File\Import\Existing Maven Projects. Went through standard import, wizard warned me about missing m2e connectors, I ignored (as usual), and the project imported ok. Groovy files (in src/main/java, btw) have Groovy file icons and correct syntax highlighting, but there is absolutely no auto-completion for anything, including imports, the "this" reference, or variables declared with a specific type instead of "def", etc.

There is also no Groovy menu option when right-clicking on the project node in the Package Explorer, and I don't see any grooviness anywhere else in the project settings or properties.

What do I have to do to get completion working in groovy files?

Thanks,
    Matthew

You need to undo the ignoring of the groovy compiler plugin. And you need to install the groovy-eclipse configurator for m2e. You can get that from the groovy-eclipse update site. It is also available on the dashboard. This will enable Eclipse to properly recognize and configure your maven projects that use groovy.

Comment

That was it. Thanks, Andrew!

Comment

Working...
      X