Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS & GGTS 3.2.0.M1 released

Dear Spring Community,

we are happy to announce the first milestone build of our Eclipse-based tooling: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.2.0.M1 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.2.0.M1.

Highlights from this milestone build include:
    • overall performance improvements
    • updated to tc Server 2.8.1
    • improvements to Live Beans Graph feature
    • updated for Spring Integration 2.2
    • compilation times for AspectJ projects with AJDT have been improved (reduced!)
    Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Juno SR1 from September 2012. As soon as the performance work on the Eclipse Juno SR2 release is ready to be consumed, we will update to that version. In the meantime, we recommend to use the STS and GGTS versions on top of Eclipse 3.8.1.

To download the distributions, please go visit:
    Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.2.0.M1 New & Noteworthy

Updates from STS/GGTS 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 are available through the automatic "Check for Updates" again.

The next milestone 3.2.0.M2 is scheduled for late January 2013, followed by the 3.2.0 release in early March 2013 - shortly after the Eclipse Juno SR2 release.

Enjoy!!!
    The SpringSource tooling team

HI,

I am running GGTS 3.1.0 and would like to upgrade to this new milestone release. What's the update site URL for this? I don't see any created by default in GGTS 3.1.0.

Thanks,
    Jawad

Comment

Hey Jawad!

You can find the update site URLs here:
      http://www.springsource.org/STS-inst...n-instructions

In case you are using GGTS based on Eclipse 3.8, just replace the ending with e3.8 instead of e3.7 or e4.2

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Hi,

I just was going to download the Grails/Groovy eclipse installer and found that the link to be broken.

http://download.springsource.com/rel...-installer.exe

Is it like only I'm facing the problem or anyone else also facing this issue?
        Can you provide me any alternative link for downloading the installer file?

Comment

Unable to download because of broken link

Looking forward to trying out STS, but unfortunately it seems a link is broken :

I start from this page :

http://www.springsource.org/downloads/sts-ggts

and I have tried selecting from both Mac & windows machines and it seems the following site is unavailable :

http://download.springsource.com/rel...-installer.exe

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
          Bruce

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
          Dear Spring Community,

we are happy to announce the first milestone build of our Eclipse-based tooling: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.2.0.M1 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.2.0.M1.

Highlights from this milestone build include:
          • overall performance improvements
          • updated to tc Server 2.8.1
          • improvements to Live Beans Graph feature
          • updated for Spring Integration 2.2
          • compilation times for AspectJ projects with AJDT have been improved (reduced!)
          Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Juno SR1 from September 2012. As soon as the performance work on the Eclipse Juno SR2 release is ready to be consumed, we will update to that version. In the meantime, we recommend to use the STS and GGTS versions on top of Eclipse 3.8.1.

To download the distributions, please go visit:
          Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.2.0.M1 New & Noteworthy

Updates from STS/GGTS 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 are available through the automatic "Check for Updates" again.

The next milestone 3.2.0.M2 is scheduled for late January 2013, followed by the 3.2.0 release in early March 2013 - shortly after the Eclipse Juno SR2 release.

Enjoy!!!
          The SpringSource tooling team

Comment

This issue still isn't resolved. When I try to download spring-tool-suite-3.2.0.M1-e3.8.1-win32-installer.exe, it get

Unknown Host
            Description: Unable to locate the server named "download.springsource.com" --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.

Comment

I have the same problem, I can't download and install sts.
              server down...

Comment

Download links have been broken since December 13th.

Do u have an estimated date for when they will be available again?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Its up now....the links are working fine.

Comment

Hey!

Yes, we had an infrastructure problem with the CDN, I am very sorry for that and the inconvenience it caused.
                    Everything is up and running again!!!

Thanks a lot for your patience,
                    -Martin

Comment

Working...
                    X