X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS fails to start

I get a dailog stating Java has started but had returned a code 1. I got the errror after a web application I was running threw an exception. I reinstalled STS and still get the error.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hey!

Do you have some more details what exactly the error looks like? And what version of STS you are running on which operating system? Also do you see any log file somewhere? Maybe in the configuration folder inside the STS installation?

-Martin

Comment

Yes would help

I'm on a 64bit, Win7, 8gig PC what I get for a message is that "Java has started and exited with a code 1, in a dialog that contains a dump of the ini file which I can't display as I can't capture the text of the dialog. I have a copy of Eclipse Indigo that works.

Thanks

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for the details. Are you sure you are using a 64bit JDK together with a 64bit STS (or a 32bit JDK with a 32bit STS)?

-Martin

Comment

I'm running the 64bit of both the JDK 7 and STS 2.9.2
          I got it working again by removing my vmargs and running the STS defaults, I then put my args back on the command line and STS is running again. I would dump the config but there's a lot of text. I don't know why it failed to start after exception but its running again.

Comment

Glad to hear its working again. And thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X