Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure STS with JAX-WS 2.2

Hi,

I have a web service created under jDeveloper using JAX-WS 2.2 that I'm trying to move into STS. I am able to create a project and everything compiles cleanly, but I'm having trouble running the WS. Since it's running under Java 6, I need to use the 'endorsed' process of telling tomcat to use the JAX-WS 2.2 version (instead of the 2.1 version bundled with Java 6).
    I've created shared/lib folders, copied jars, created an endorsed folder, modified the catalina.properties file and changed the server JVM options to include the -Djava.endorsed.dirs, but when I run the WS I get a telltale NoSuchMethodError which tells me I have a mismatch between JAX-WS 2.1 on the server and JAX-WS 2.2 in the code.
    I go back to look at the JVM options and notice that they have been overwritten. Same with the catalina.properties file.

How do I modify the embedded VMware vFabric Server so that it doesn't overwrite my 'endorsed' changes?

Hey!

When you launch tc Server from the Servers view, it already uses the configuration that you can edit via the server editor page (double clicking on the tc Server instance from the servers view). If you want to customize the launch parameters beyond what is possible using that server editor, you should copy the launch config manually (from the Run... menu), and modify the copied launch config according to your needs - and use that to launch tc Server.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X