Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a debug configuration in STS on a Maven profile

Hi,

I have a build with a Maven profile and I can run in as a Run configuration from within STS, the Spring Source Tool Suite Eclipse version.

I can also run it from the command line with the command:
    mvn clean install -Pmysql-test -Dtest=NavbarLanguageDaoTest

But when I want to run it as a Debug configuration from within STS, it runs as a Run configuration, that is, it runs fine to the end but does not stop to any of the breakpoints.

In the Debug perspective, I can see the breakpoints in the pane listing the breakpoints and all of them are ticked.

Why is it that no breakpoint is being stopped at ?

Kind Regards,

How are you launching in STS? What kind of launch configuration are you using?

You would be best off using "Debug as Java Application" launch type.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the watch tour. It's a Maven Build type debug configuration. The Maven runtime is an external one, the one used on the command line.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the watch tour. It's a Maven Build type debug configuration. The Maven runtime is an external one, the one used on the command line.

I provided it with the goals "clean instal" and the same profile used on the command line.

Comment

Could it be that you are running your tests as an external process?

I would recommend that you launch as a Java app instead of using a maven launch if at all possible. Launching through maven, as you can already see, includes all sort of strangeness that is really not relevant to debugging your tests.

Comment

I wonder what Java class to specify when creating a Java Application debug configuration.

Say, to run the suite of integration tests...

Comment

I was a little mistaken. You should not choose Java Application. Rather, choose your src/test/java folder, right-click -> Run as -> JUnit test.

Comment

Working...
              X