Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project weird behaviour (dependency thing)

Hi,

The Roo project I'm working on is behaving very weirdly for a few days. Everything was fine before and I can't think of an change explaining the new behaviour. Restoring to a previous commit doesn't change anything so it has somethingg to do with the environnement.

First I have the following error: "Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater" on all annotations.

If I apply the quick fix "Change compliance to 1.5" and add "Maven dependencies" to web deployment assembly, I can deploy again. But I still have a red cross on the project.

If I do Maven/update project configuration I'm back at the beginning.

I've done a lot of manipulations (project import, repository reset...) since this morning and went into very different stages but nothing solved this very unstable situation.

Can you help me please?

Thank you

Open the pom, add a build plugin (the maven-compiler-plugin) and set the correct source/target version you want to use. The default compiler setting is to use 1.4. (I would expect that Roo already added this but you might have changed it).

Comment

it is there

<plugin>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>2.3.2</version>
      <configuration>
      <source>${java.version}</source>
      <target>${java.version}</target>
      <encoding>${project.build.sourceEncoding}</encoding>
      </configuration>
      </plugin>

But looking for the java.version value I realized that the Java compiler "Enable specific settings" was set. Unsetting it solved everything!

Comment

Working...
      X