Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource Availability @Test / MVC

Hello friends -

New to Spring and STS so hopefully this isn't too dumb a question. Anyways, created a spring/mvc/hibernate project. Put some @RunWith(SpringJunit4ClassRunner) classes underneath /src/test/java. In src/main/resources/ I put applicationContext.xml + and similar files. Great. Ran some Junits and things were autowiring / applicationContexting, whatever.

Tried the MVC end. Wound up having to clone my /main/resources files into src/main/webapp/web-inf.

Whatever I tried, however, I could not seem to enable my classes in /scr/test/java to see resource files in /src/main/webpap/web-inf. Considering that I've got to keep things moving, I just have been keeping two copies of applicationContext.xml even though it's dumb as hell.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

brian

Hey Brian!

I am not sure how you created and setup your project, but is it a dynamic web project in Eclipse/STS? And if so, did you take a look at the deployment assembly in the project properties?

I can imagine that this sounds a bit complicated when starting with Spring and STS, so I would recommend to start with a fresh Spring MVC project using the Spring Template projects. From there you can easily create a Spring MVC project that works out-of-the-box. In addition to that I would also recommend these resources for how-to-get-started:

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...etting-Started

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin -

Thanks for the response. I think maybe I did a poor job of describing my problem. I created my project using the STS template and then chose 'Spring MVC Project' (not a dynamic web project).

Anyway, the structure that it created for me struck me as kind of odd, but I kept slugging away and have things running. I can run my Junits successfully. Also, I can run my application (as it exists so far) through a web browser / MVC style. BUT. What I cannot seem to do is have my junit tests see ApplicationContext that resides underneath webapps/web-inf. See the attached screenshot for what my environment looks like and what can see what.

Thanks!

brian
      Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brain,

Is there any chance for zipping the project and publishing it somewhere? A github repo would also work. The screenshot is quite blurry.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
        X