Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Error occured when building model in the process of Importing Gradle Project Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error occured when building model in the process of Importing Gradle Project

I have problem importing a gradle project, receiving error after Build Model button is clicked. The error message is :

"error in runnable creating gradle model"
    project location doesn't exist
    see error log for details

Please find attached the log file.Attachment
    Attached Files

I found the solution.

Comment

Hey!

What was the solution? Would be great to share your solution here with our other users! :-)

Thanks,
      Martin

Comment

Hey!
        I have come across the same problem can someone please tell me how to get rid of this problem?
        Any help will be much appreciated.
        Last edited by Kaira; Aug 16th, 2013, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Is there a full stack trace for this error in the Eclipse error log? You can open the error log via "Window >> Show View >> Other >> Error Log".

Please paste the full error trace / message here. That may help in pinpointing more precisely where the error is coming from.

Thanks,

Kris

Comment

The stack trace I got is as follows:
            {{{
            java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.util.Grad leRunnable.run(GradleRunnable.java:92)
            at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
            Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Project location doesn't exist: \\Store1\spring-data-rest\spring-data-rest-tck
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.jav a:63)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.<init>(GradleProject.java:125)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro jectManager.getOrCreate(GradleProjectManager.java: 60)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro jectManager.getOrCreate(GradleProjectManager.java: 80)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleCor e.create(GradleCore.java:170)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.walk(GradleModelPr ovider.java:316)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.walk(GradleModelPr ovider.java:321)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.ensureModels(Gradl eModelProvider.java:292)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getModelProvider(GradleProject.java:556)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getGradleModel(GradleProject.java:616)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getSkeletalGradleModel(GradleProject.java:641 )
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.ui.wizards.Gra dleImportWizardPageOne$11.doit(GradleImportWizardP ageOne.java:514)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.util.Grad leRunnable.run(GradleRunnable.java:84)
            ... 1 more
            Root exception:
            java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Project location doesn't exist: \\PNQ1-SPILLAI\spring-data-rest\spring-data-rest-tck
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.jav a:63)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.<init>(GradleProject.java:125)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro jectManager.getOrCreate(GradleProjectManager.java: 60)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro jectManager.getOrCreate(GradleProjectManager.java: 80)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleCor e.create(GradleCore.java:170)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.walk(GradleModelPr ovider.java:316)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.walk(GradleModelPr ovider.java:321)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradleMod elProvider$GroupedModelProvider.ensureModels(Gradl eModelProvider.java:292)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getModelProvider(GradleProject.java:556)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getGradleModel(GradleProject.java:616)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.GradlePro ject.getSkeletalGradleModel(GradleProject.java:641 )
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.ui.wizards.Gra dleImportWizardPageOne$11.doit(GradleImportWizardP ageOne.java:514)
            at org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core.util.Grad leRunnable.run(GradleRunnable.java:84)
            at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalCont extThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
            }}}

In the following path \\Store1\spring-data-rest\spring-data-rest-tck . I don't know from where did the "spring-data-rest-tck" thing come from,whereas my actual and correct path is only till "\\Store1\spring-data-rest"

Comment

My guess is your project is a 'multi-project' and has a settings.gradle file that lists subprojects.
              Maybe one of the included sub-projects doesn't actually exist on disk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris De Volder View Post
                My guess is your project is a 'multi-project' and has a settings.gradle file that lists subprojects.
                Maybe one of the included sub-projects doesn't actually exist on disk.
                You were right,when I opened the settings.gradle file,it had the "spring-data-rest-tck" project listed in it.I commented it out and was able to import the project successfully.
                Thanks a ton for your valuable time and help .

Comment

Working...
                X