Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Search/Call heirarchy problems - SpringSource ( 2.9.2.RELEASE/201205071000) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search/Call heirarchy problems - SpringSource ( 2.9.2.RELEASE/201205071000)

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble with the various search options in STS. More specifically:

1) The call heirarchy is unreliable and fails to find any callers in some instances. In trying to pin down the problem, I took a simple getter that was called from a different project. I've verified that the caller's project is compiled, both projects have no errors (that I can see) and that the callee's project is in the build path of the caller. If I open the caller's java file, and Ctrl-click on the method, spring source opens up the appropriate file. But asking for the call-heirarchy of the callee turns up no results.

2) Searching for resources or types is also unreliable and very slow. Opening a resource and typing in the name of a java class results in a full 10-second wait for the file to show up as a suggestion. When opening a type, the same java class doesn't even show up, even though some other possible choices are available!

It's not a memory or processor problem as I've got a new machine, and I've just rebooted. The STS logs don't show anything unusal apart from the occasional "Resource out of sync with file system".

In both cases I've tried cleaning, refreshing and building the projects, but to no avail. This is ecoming very frustrating, as it is slowing down my work. I'm being forced to do full text searches for method names and going from there. Any ideas?

I see that you have also posted about content assist. http://forum.springsource.org/showth...729#post428729

I would guess that these two problems are somehow related. So, for now let's keep chatting on the other forum post.

Comment

Working...
    X