X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Data Proposals

Hi I'm trying out STS (Spring IDE?) on eclipse Juno (Version: Juno Service Release 1 Build id: 20121004-1855) on Mountain Lion X 8.2 standard java version 1.6.0_37, Spring IDE: Version: 3.1.0.201210040510-RELEASE

And I keep running into the following error when trying to invoke code completion: The Spring Data Proposals computer from the 'org.springframework.ide.eclipse.data.core' plug-in did not complete normally. The extension has thrown a runtime exception.
    To avoid this message, disable the 'org.springframework.ide.eclipse.data.core' plug-in or disable the 'Basic Proposals' Category on the content assist reference page.

I hope i did not any typing errors as I could not 'copy paste' the error message. Also I don't know where to find the whole stacktrace.

This error happens when trying to autocomplete standard java syntax like Lists, own classes etc. Worse eclipse sometimes hangs completely after this message and has to be restarted.

If desired I can provide the zipped source or pom from the project I'm using. Or if somebody can point out where I can find the complete stacktrace I'm also happy to provide that information.

Hey!

Looks clearly like a bug. Would be great if you could attach a sample project or create a JIRA ticket for this and attach the sample project there. You can also take a look at the "Error Log" view to see if there is a related stack trace logged there - and attach that info to the JIRA ticket as well.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    -Martin

Comment

Working...
    X