X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.1 JSP editor lag

Is anyone seeing the really bad lag when opening/viewing JSP files? Average is about a 5-7 second lag before the file opens/renders. It is so bad we are preparing to roll back to an earlier version of STS. We were using 2.9.2 and were not seeing any issues like this.

Anyone encountered it and know a solution (other than switching to text editor instead of using the JSP editor which is not an acceptable solution)??

Also posted to StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...itching-to-jsp
    Last edited by Skel625; Oct 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM. Reason: Added StackOverflow link

Originally posted by Skel625 View Post
    Is anyone seeing the really bad lag when opening/viewing JSP files? Average is about a 5-7 second lag before the file opens/renders. It is so bad we are preparing to roll back to an earlier version of STS. We were using 2.9.2 and were not seeing any issues like this.

Anyone encountered it and know a solution (other than switching to text editor instead of using the JSP editor which is not an acceptable solution)??

Also posted to StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...itching-to-jsp
    Same here. I watched the cpu and one core is at 100% for a few seconds when changing between .gsp files. Sad to say but this made me go back using Netbeans.

Comment

Just confirmed the problem is with Eclipse 4.2. If you install the STS 3.1 version build on Eclipse 3.8 there is no JSP lag. Answer was posted to my Stack Overflow posting (link in original post).

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for letting us know that this is also a problem with the Eclipse 4.2 platform and glad to hear its working with the 3.8-based version of STS.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
        X