Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem creating ROO project with Spring IDE 3.1 & Indigo

Hi,

I just installed Spring IDE 3.1.0 on Indigo 3.7. When I try to create a new Roo Project, if I specify an external location, the project is not properly created. A little digging around and I noticed that the Roo project is created half in one location and half in another places. The .project and .settings files are created in the workspace (even though I specified an external location) and all the source files are put in the external location that i specified.

It comes as no surprise that the IDE is not able to load the project successfully. The IDE tries to load the project as defined in the workspace folder, but obviously finds no files there and shows up empty. The Roo shell is not able to load either.

If I create the project in the default location (ie: workspace directory), I can then remove it from the IDE and move it to my external location and finally reimport it into Eclipse.

A big of an ugly workaround. I do not remember having this issue in a previous version of Spring IDE.

Has anyone else encountered the same problems?

Thanks,

Eric

Yes, this was reported shortly after 3.1.0 was released:

STS-2914: Roo project wizard: "Use external location" not working
    https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2914

The fix will be available in the next release!

Comment

Working...
    X