X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.9.2 holds handle to tools.jar

Running STS 2.9.2, VMware vFabric tc Server Developer Edition v2.7. tc Server has been run but is currently stopped.

mvn building my project outside STS:
    mvn clean install
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) on project xxx-yyy: Failed to clean project: Failed to delete C:\.....\xxx-yyy\target\tools-1.4.2.jar -> [Help 1]

Shutting down STS frees the handle. (I'm not sure why tools.jar ends up in target, either...)

I'm submitting this to the STS forum because it could be STS, it could be Eclipse, it could be tc Server, it could be m2e, etc.

Thanks,

Dave Lebling

Hey Dave!

Can you open a JIRA ticket for this? It looks to me like this should be tracked and solved that way. Would also be awesome if you could attack a sample project and some steps how to reproduce this from a fresh STS installation using an attached sample project. That would help us a lot and would be much appreciated.

Also, on what operating system are you running on? Looks like Windows, but 32bit or 64bit? And what JDK?

Thanks for your help!
    -Martin

Comment

I installed STS 3.1.0 and have not seen the problem there. If it pops up again I'll JIRA it.

Comment

Hey!

That sounds good. Thanks for the update!!!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Working...
        X