X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.1 - how to download 3.8-based version

I updated today from 3.0 to 3.1 and something odd is going on with the toolbars . . . the are several empty toolbar areas and when the IDE switches to debug view, none of the normal controls show up in the toolbars, like Step Into, Step Over, etc.

It is also running really slow -- switching between config files takes 5-10 seconds.

So, how do I get the 3.8 version or how can I tell what version it was updated to?

STS 3.1 - Toolbar

I am having the same issue.
    If I go to Window->Customize Perspective..., then deselect a toolbar structure and click OK;
    it will get rid of the buttons but leave an empty area that I cannot remove.
    There are MANY annoying empty button areas.
    Also I can't get the debug buttons to show up at all!

Originally posted by lili5058 View Post
    I updated today from 3.0 to 3.1 and something odd is going on with the toolbars . . . the are several empty toolbar areas and when the IDE switches to debug view, none of the normal controls show up in the toolbars, like Step Into, Step Over, etc.

It is also running really slow -- switching between config files takes 5-10 seconds.

So, how do I get the 3.8 version or how can I tell what version it was updated to?

Comment

> how do I get the 3.8 version or how can I tell what version it was updated to?

On the download page the 3.8 packages are alongside the 4.2 packages as separate downloads.

If you were running a 4.2 based 3.0.0 then it will have upgraded you to a 4.2 based 3.1.0. If you want to try out a 3.8 based version of 3.1 you should download it separately and try it out.

To confirm what you have you can open the 'about' dialog and press the shiny eclipse icon to see if you have 4.2 or 3.8.

Andy
      ---
      Andy Clement
      GGTS Team

Comment

Originally posted by lili5058 View Post
        Same problem here - could s.o. at SpringSource look into that (switching to an Eclipse 3.x-Version seems not like the right solution)?

Comment

Hey!

Using the Eclipse 3.8-based distribution of STS gives you the same features as the 4.2-based one, it has the same Java tooling, the same Spring tooling, etc. It just uses the older UI platform implementation of Eclipse. So you are not loosing anything by using the 3.8-based distribution.

At the same time the folks of the Eclipse platform team are working hard to fix issues with the new platform UI implementation and we are very positive that this will be fixed in one of the upcoming Eclipse (service) releases.

HTH,
          Martin

Comment

Working...
          X