Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tomcat 7.0 installation in Spring eclipse-basedIDE fails on windows 7 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomcat 7.0 installation in Spring eclipse-basedIDE fails on windows 7

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tomcat 7 into STS 3.0RELEASE via the SpringSource Dashboard Configuration screen.
    I have STS plugin install using Eclipse market place on Eclipse 3.7

In create server wizard, Select Apache->Tomcat v7.0. Move to next page.
    Clicking the "Download and Install" button, prompts for install location.
    I pointed it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache\Tomcat\v7.0.
    It starts Tomcat download.One can watch the progress in progress view.

Once download is complete it shows an error message in progressview : "Access denied for Tomcat installation directory"

I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Nishant

Now I started eclipse using "administrator" privileges. Voila , the spring tool suite can't be accessed. I am not able to view the Spring Dashboard.

How should I go about uninstalling Spring tool suite?

Comment

Hey Nishant!

We don't offer Tomcat 7 from the SpringSource dashboard, so I am not sure from where exactly you get Tomcat 7. But one thing that is extremely important in those settings, especially on Windows 7, is to not install Eclipse, STS, nor Tomcat into the "Program Files" area of Windows 7. The OS treats this folder very special and with very special permissions and I am pretty sure that is causing the "access denied" problems you are seeing.

I would recommend to install a fresh STS version into another location that is fully under the control of your user and start from there. You could also download the STS distribution, in comes with tc Server developer edition (which has Tomcat 7 inside) ready-to-use.

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X