Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Spring MVC Template pom.xml error on Mac OSX 10.8.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spring MVC Template pom.xml error on Mac OSX 10.8.1

    I've just installed STS on a new Mac OSX 10.8.1. When I create a default Spring MVC Template project, there is an error message in the pom.xml file that says

    Description Resource Path Location Type
    invalid LOC header (bad signature) pom.xml /testapp line 1 Maven Configuration Problem

    Description Resource Path Location Type
    No plugin found for prefix 'war' in the current project and in the plugin groups [] available from the repositories [local (/Users/username/.m2/repository), central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] pom.xml /testapp line 1 Maven WTP Configuration Problem

    Is there anything I'm missing here? Creating a Spring MVC template project with STS works fine on my Windows XP computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    Hey!

    It looks like Maven had trouble downloading the libs for that plugin or the local Maven repo is broken. Can you try to delete your local Maven repo and try again?

    HTH,
    Martin

    Comment


    • #3
      That solved it. Thank you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad to hear I could help! And thanks for letting us know!

        Cheers,
        -Martin

        Comment


        • #5
          Now that my application can build, I'm trying to run it on the server. I've tried Tomcat 6, 7, and vFabric. All of them are giving me a resource cannot be found error on the Mac only. Like the initial error, everything works fine on my Windows computer.

          When I go to localhost:8400 (I've change my default port from 8080 to 8400...both 8080 and 8400 fail) I can see that the servers are running (they're the ones giving me the 404), but no matter what I type in, I always get a 404 error.

          Any thoughts? I'm not familiar with Macs at all.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think I figured the server bit out as well. On the Mac, the application is being added to the server using the "artifactId" value in the pom.xml file, while on the PC, it's being added using the "name" value (which is what I want).

            Is there a way to get the Mac version to use the same application name when it publishes to the server?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey!

              Sorry for coming back to this so late, it somehow slipped through... Sorry for that.

              Usually the name that is used to publish the application to the server (the name that you can use to access the deployed app from the browser) is defined by the "Context Root" setting in your project properties under "Web Project Settings". That should not be differ between a Mac machine and a Windows one.

              You can also edit this setting in the tc Server editor directly (double-clicking on the tc server instance and switch to the "Modules" tab).

              HTH,
              Martin

              Comment

              Working...
              X