Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gradle support not enabled although installed

Hello, relatively new to eclipse,
    i have installed ggts with groovy-grails-tool-suite-3.0.0.RELEASE-e4.2-win32-x86_64-installer.
    Even after reinstallation of grade-support (incl. gradle tooling api, at dashboard>extensions) neither grade-import-wizard nor gradle-project are offered in corresponding lists after File>Import or File>New >Project.
    The installer was also only able to include in the menu an entry for the program group, the subentry for the program itself remains empty (leer in german).
    Thanks in advance for any hint,
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Can you check if the gradle support plugins actually got installed? Go to "Help >> About GGTS".
    Click "Installation Details". Go to "Plugins" tab. Sort this by "Plugin ID".

Do you see in there plugins like:

"org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.core"
    ".......................................gradle .ui"
    ".......................................gradle.tas kview"?

> The installer was also only able to include in the menu an entry for the program group, the subentry for the program itself
    > remains empty (leer in german).

I'm sorry not sure what you are trying to say there. Please describe this in a bit more detail.

Comment

Thank you, Kris, for your concrete and fast answer.

A) Gradle Support
      Help>Install New Software>
      Update Site: SpringSource Update Site for Eclipse 4.2 - http://dist.springsource.com/release/TOOLS/update/e4.2:
      Filter text: Gradle
      Gives:
      Gradle IDE
      Gradle Tooling API

Install
      Gives:
      Cannot complete the request. See the error log for details.:

"Gradle IDE" will be ignored because it is already installed.
      "Gradle Tooling Api" will be ignored because it is already installed.
      --------------------
      Installation via Dashboard>Extensions : Gradle was not possible because already installed
      -------------------
      Installation via Help>Install new Software
      with Update Site http://dist.springsource.com/milestone/TOOLS/gradle
      gives:
      Your original request has been modified.
      Gradle IDE 3.1.0.201209120646-M1 org.springsource.ide.eclipse.gradle.feature.featur e.group
      Gradle Tooling Api 3.1.0.201209120646-M1 org.gradle.toolingapi.feature.feature.group
      With the remark below:
      "Gradle IDE" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
      "Gradle Tooling Api" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
      ((And the following details below give me a hint that i have to differentiate between Tooling API and Gradle Plugin
      Gradle tooling API jars, are bundled with STS Gradle plugins. ))

>>>>>But when i followed this installation of -M1 i finally got the entries in the plugin list you mentioned above.

B) No Entry in Windows Start Menu
      Windows>All Programs:
      There is a folder I called Springsource, but it contains (below) only an empty entry:
      Springsource
      'leer' (means empty and cannot be clicked on )
      Thank you very much.
      Klaus

Comment

Hey Klaus!

What JDK are you using for running GGTS (I mean what version)?

Originally posted by Klausi View Post
        B) No Entry in Windows Start Menu
        Windows>All Programs:
        There is a folder I called Springsource, but it contains (below) only an empty entry:
        Springsource
        'leer' (means empty and cannot be clicked on )
        That is a known bug (https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2887) and fixed for the upcoming 3.1.0 release.

-Martin

Comment

The Tooling API feature is really an empty feature only there to be a placeholder to attach the copyright infos for the tooling API. The actual tooling API jars are actually bundled up with the gradle core plugin which is part of the "Gradle IDE" feature.
          Also the "Gradle IDE" feature has a declared dependency on tooling API feature, so installing just Gradle IDE will be enough and automatically pull-in the tooling API feature.

None of that really matters here, but I just wanted to clarify it for you.

To the point, it sounds as if the features got installed ok. I have no idea why they do not seem to be activated for you even though they are installed. Do you have any errors in the Eclipse error log? You can open the log with "Windows >> Show View >> Error Log".

Kris

Comment

Thank you, Kris and Martin.
            The Project Execution Environment under tab JRE shows : Java-SE1.6 (jdk6 update 33 in 64 bit)
            The error logs are no more visible to this date but i remember that i had connection problems during first installation.
            Regards, Klaus

Comment

Hi Klausi,

It is possible something has gone corrupted when you initially had connection problems.

As we are really guessing / stabbing in the dark here I don't have very good suggestions. But if you are still having problems with the Gradle tools maybe you can try re-installing them.

First you can try uninstalling them as follows:

"Help >> Install New Software"

Then click on 'What is already installed'?

Find the 'Gradle IDE' and 'Gradle Tooling API' features and 'Uninstall' them.
              Then try and reinstall them again as you did before.

If after that you still have problems, I can only suggest an even more drastic option of starting with a fresh download of STS, GGTS or Eclipse and do a complete re-install.

BTW: Since 3.1.0 is now released you might want to try out the new version anyway, perhaps that can soften the blow of doing a complete re-install.

Kris

Comment

Working...
              X