Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install STS on eclipse Juno

Hi all!

I'm getting this error message when trying to install STS via eclipse Juno marketplace:
    Code:
    Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
      Software being installed: Spring IDE Roo Support 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE (org.springframework.ide.eclipse.roo.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE)
      Missing requirement: Spring IDE Spring Meta Data Extension 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE (org.springframework.ide.eclipse.metadata 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE) requires 'bundle org.apache.commons.io 0.0.0' but it could not be found
      Cannot satisfy dependency:
        From: Spring IDE Core (required) 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE (org.springframework.ide.eclipse.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE)
        To: org.springframework.ide.eclipse.metadata [3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE]
      Cannot satisfy dependency:
        From: Spring IDE Roo Support 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE (org.springframework.ide.eclipse.roo.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.201208090952-RELEASE)
        To: org.springframework.ide.eclipse.feature.feature.group 0.0.0
    When I'm trying to install it via the update site, the XML looks like this:
    Code:
    <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>621F3DDECC8BDDEB</RequestId><HostId>k19Mn24X1xW1i8wOQlupZ5AKvxq0MbVrwobfdO2mFAWQrPkjlkim6K0SKeswRNiz</HostId></Error>
    Are these known problems or am I missing something?

//roste

I sovled the symptoms of the problem!
    The problem had to do with having no update sites in "Available Software Sites".
    The reason I had no update sites in my "Available Software Sites" had to with the bug (at least I think this is a known bug) that caused the 64-bit version of Eclipse not being fully compatible with the "Program Files" folder in windows.

Hence, the solution to problem is to either use the 32-bit version of Eclipse (and installing it in the "Program Files (x86)" folder), or to make a copy of your 64-bit eclipse folder to another place on your hard drive, open eclipse from there and export all the "Available Software Sites", then open your original 64-bit Eclipse in "Program Files" and import the "Available Software Sites".

I'm sure there is a better way of doing this, but this is how I did it.

Comment

Hey!

When you are running and/or installing the Spring Tool Suite add-on to an existing Eclipse installation, you should always have Eclipse installed OUTSIDE of the "Program Files" directly when working under Windows 7. Windows 7 treats this directory very special and that can cause a lot of confusion later on. Therefore I would recommend to have an Eclipse Juno installed outside of the "Program Files" and then install the Spring tooling from the Eclipse Marketplace. That is just a one-click install and you don't need to take care of update sites yourself. Just open the "Eclipse Marketplace", search for "sts" and select the right entry for your Eclipse version. That should work out-of-the-box.

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X