X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency problem importing Gradle project into STS

I've installed the latest STS on Windows and have tried installing the Gradle plugin a variety of ways - by doing it first and starting over and installing the Groovy plugin first because I read that somewhere. Either way, when I try to import a Grails project into my workspace and press the Build Model button, I receive the following error:

Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath'.
    > Could not find group:bmuschko, module:gradle-tomcat-plugin, version:0.9.3.
    Required by:
    :bookstore:unspecified
    > Could not find group:bmuschko, module:gradle-cargo-plugin, version:0.5.4.
    Required by:
    :bookstore:unspecified

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

From what you are telling me, I *think* the gradle support is correctly installed. If it were not, then the Gradle import wizard would not be available for you to use at all.

The error: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath' ...
    seems like actually an error caused by some problem in your own build script (I can not say 100% sure, but that would be my guess right now :-)

For some reason gradle is not able to resolve dependencies "bmushko:gradle-tomcat-plugin". These seem like dependencies specific to your project?

Maybe these dependencies are spelled wrong, or they are not available on any of the repositories you configured
    gradle to look for dependencies in.

Can you build the project succesfully using gradle on the commandline?

Kris

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Kris. I started over with a clean install and using a new workspace and I'm now able to import the gradle projects properly.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Thanks for letting me know :-)

Comment

Working...
        X