X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sts 3.0 migrate after startup

If I cancel the migration suggestion when starting a new workspace in sts 3.0.0, how can I affect this migration manually, after this initial startup?

thanks
    Edwin

Select a project that needs to be migrated (eg- a Roo or Grails project) right-click -> Configure -> Migrate legacy STS projects...

Note that this will migrate all projects, not just the one that is selected. Let me know if this works for you.

Comment

thanks for the reply. Looks like migration is only necessary for Grails and Roo projects. is that true?

Also, is there a way to tell if a project has been migrated? I tried the above on a Roo project, but the menu item did not appear. Maybe I already migrated?

Thanks
      Edwin

Comment

In general, if the project is compiling and running cleanly, then it has already been migrated. Migration doesn't do anything magical. It just goes into the .project, .classpath, and .settings folders and replaces all the com.springsource.* with appropriate org.springframework.* or org.grails.*.

I'm not sure if there's anything necessary for vanilla spring projects, but I would say that if the project is running, then it does not need to be migrated.

Comment

Working...
        X