X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls help The function fn:escapeXml is undefined problem

I made a project in STS 2.9.2 which work fine, but when i import same project in STS 2.9.2 on another computer i have a problem. Almost all jspx files in views section have The function fn:escapeXml is undefined error. I tried Project > clean but it doesn t help. Pls help...

I also try to make one simple project and when i come to part where i in roo shell type controller all ~.web and roo is done with everething in folder views i also have same problems and errors almost all jspx files have errors and it s the same one.

Multiple annotations found at this line:
    - The function fn:escapeXml is undefined
    or just
    - The function fn:escapeXml is undefined

so its must be that sometning is missing but i don t know what, beacouse i install sts 2.9.2 no problem.

pls help, i dont know what to do...

Comment

Hey!

I guess this is related to the build path of your project. Maybe the definition pointed to a JSTL lib on your old computer which is not there on the other machine? I would take a look at the build path configuration to check if everything is there...

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
        Hey!

I guess this is related to the build path of your project. Maybe the definition pointed to a JSTL lib on your old computer which is not there on the other machine? I would take a look at the build path configuration to check if everything is there...

HTH,
        Martin
        Ty for your fast answer . When i go to configure build path in Maven Dependencies i found
        jstl-api-1.2.jar and jstl-impl-1.2.jar with paths that actualy exist so thats shouldn t be a problem. When i go to Add external JARs and add jstl 1.2 which i downloaded today all errors desapier. But red ! stays on my project and it does not work.

Comment

Hey!

That is strange... Is there something mentioned in the "Markers" view about the red "!" ?
          And did those libs show up in your package explorer when you expanded your classpath container (before you added that manually)?

-Martin

Comment

In the meantime i changed laptop and problems are still the same. There is no problem in the view sector but red ! is there and project doesnt work. The problem is same except the .Jar files which are deferent. It s always in .m2/repository section.

Ok, markers said:
            Archive for required library: 'C:/Users/User/.m2/repository/org/springframework/webflow/spring-js-resources/2.2.1.RELEASE/spring-js-resources-2.2.1.RELEASE.jar' in project 'informacije' cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file

The project was not built since it depends on informacije, which has build path errors

But second one is beacouse of the first error.

I delete workspace from the STS and import it again and .jar file was changed. First time was hibernate-core 3.6.9 Final.jar second time this one. Jar files are where they should be and they are ok. I don t know how to fix this, beacouse there is no solution on the web.

Comment

Hey!

I would recommend to delete the project from the workspace, delete the Maven repository (content of .m2/repository) and start with a fresh workspace. Then import the project via the "Import Existing Maven project" (from the Import... -> Maven category) and let the Maven integration do the job of downloading all the dependencies. This might take a while, but it should give you a fresh and clean start.

If that doesn't help, I don't know any further steps to tell you except from attaching the project (or a sample project that illustrates the problem) and attach it is a ZIP file here in order to have us take a direct look.

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Hey!

I would recommend to delete the project from the workspace, delete the Maven repository (content of .m2/repository) and start with a fresh workspace. Then import the project via the "Import Existing Maven project" (from the Import... -> Maven category) and let the Maven integration do the job of downloading all the dependencies. This might take a while, but it should give you a fresh and clean start.

If that doesn't help, I don't know any further steps to tell you except from attaching the project (or a sample project that illustrates the problem) and attach it is a ZIP file here in order to have us take a direct look.

HTH,
                Martin
                Hi, i did something yesterday that solve the problem. I copy .m2 from my computer where i start the project to the laptop where i copy my project an all problems are gone, i ll try what u told me beacouse i am intersted if that's will work and i ll post here the result's. I hope this will help someone else becouse i found there is more people wwith this problem. Problem is probably that STS did sometning litle deferent when creating .m2 an that was enough to make the project doesn't work.

Comment

Hey!

Ok, good to hear that you got it working. Sounds like the local Maven repository at .m2 was the cause of the problem. Glad to hear its working now!

Cheers,
                  -Martin

Comment

It worked !!!

Hey!

HTH,
                    Martin
                    Thanks a tonne this worked really well !!!

Comment

Glad to hear that is works now. And thanks for letting us know!!!

Cheers,
                      -Martin

Comment

Working...
                      X