X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is griffon support in STS roadmap?

Just wondering if there's better griffon support for STS roadmap.
    Let me explain. Griffon projects can actually be used from STS just like any other groovy project (through eclipse-support plugin): what I mean is a tighter such as (great) Grails one.
    To be honest, I don't use griffon at work (not yet), I'm just giving it a try for possible spare-time open source projects.

Cheers
    Davide

You would be best off talking to the Griffon devs about this. Andres Almiry has been working on an Eclipse plugin for Griffon. You can ask a question on the mailing list here:
    http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/griffon/lists/

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Eisenberg View Post
      You would be best off talking to the Griffon devs about this. Andres Almiry has been working on an Eclipse plugin for Griffon. You can ask a question on the mailing list here:
      http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/griffon/lists/
      Thank you very much, I will try on griffon mailing list. But please note that the Eclipse plugin for Griffon from Andres Almiray is the eclipse-support plugin I previously mentioned. Quoting from the plugin description it
      is a single script that keeps Eclipse's classpath file up to date
      It's simply great, but in other words it's purpose is only to produce some changes to eclipse artifacts in order to keep the IDE aligned with changes from CLI or from the launch configuration (I admit here I made an understatement) but does not impact the user experience in other ways: I thought about a deeper integration at the IDE side, i.e. the ad-hoc nodes available for grails controllers, configuration, classpath containers (even for gradle integration)... I'm afraid this kind of integration can only be achieved developing code at the IDE side.
      This kind of integration is not essential to me, but I love STS enough to leave here my two cents: maybe it's not worth enough, or maybe it could act as a further flywheel for both STS and griffon...

Comment

In addition to the simple 'eclipse plugin for Griffon', Andres has expressed interest in using the Grails STS IDE support (now that it is open source) as a base for Griffon tooling - and so offering the deep IDE integration you are talking about. The STS team wouldn't be working on that though as we have our hands full - but if the Griffon team determine they need a few tweaks in the Grails IDE tools to 'open them up' and make Griffon IDE support easier, we would be amenable to making those changes.

cheers,
        Andy

Comment

Many thanks Andy,
          I just drop a message to griffon dev mailing list as you suggested.

Cheers
          Davide

Comment

Working...
          X