X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGTS 3.0.0 "Run on Server"

For a Grails project, when I click on "Run on Server" only two folder options appear: SpringSource and VMware.
    However, for a regular Dynamic Web Project, when I click on "Run on Server", I see many folder options including IBM; and for "Choose an existing server" I see my configured WebSphere Application Server.

Is it possible for my Grails app to "Run on Server" and to choose WebSphere Application Server?

Thanks,

-Roberto

Unfortunately no, this is not possible.

The reason is a bit technical. The Grails app deployment infrastructure in Grails tooling implements a 'grails.app' module type.

Theorethically, what gets deployed is just a standard JEE web application (in WTP a 'jst.web' module type), but the steps to creating the war are specific to grails and these are attached to the 'special' grails.app module type. Unfortunately, you can only deploy a given module type to a server that indicates it accepts this kinds of modules.

For the SpringSource/VMWare servers we have added some xml and other little bits of code so they will 'accept' 'grails.app' modules. But we cannot do the same for non VMWare/SpringSource servers (since that is not code we own/control).

Unfortunately this means for those other servers you will have to manually deploy your grails apps.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X