Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE Guide install question

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the "Spring IDE Guide" which by the way is great documentation

http://springide.org/project/wiki/SpringideGuide

I've completed and installed eclipse and sucsessfull installed the Spring IDE Guide pluggin.

However, right at the very start of the documentation there are a number of projects in the Package Explorer eg "springtest" and "jpetstore".

How are these projects populated ?

I'm under the assumption that the install procedures would seed these projects is this correct ? As in my case the Package Explorer is blank.

If I'm to import these projects does anyone know where there located ?

Hi,
    the projects you see in the Spring-IDE docs are just illustrating how to use this Eclipse plugin.

JPetstore, Petclinic, etc. are samples provided with the Spring distribution and can be found under <SPRING_INSTALL_DIR>\samples.

To import "JPetstore", for example, once you've installed Eclipse and the Spring-IDE plugin:

- create "New Java Project", use "From Existing Source", add necessary libraries in the Libraries tab of the "Java Build Path" property (spring.jar from \dist and struts.jar, etc. from \lib)

- you can "Add Spring Project Nature" now

- in the "Spring Beans View" you can add /war/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml, dataAccessContext-local.xml. etc. and view the beans in the graph.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X