Spring IDE Guide install question Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE Guide install question

I'm trying to follow the "Spring IDE Guide" which by the way is great documentation

I've completed and installed eclipse and sucsessfull installed the Spring IDE Guide pluggin.

However, right at the very start of the documentation there are a number of projects in the Package Explorer eg "springtest" and "jpetstore".

How are these projects populated ?

I'm under the assumption that the install procedures would seed these projects is this correct ? As in my case the Package Explorer is blank.

If I'm to import these projects does anyone know where there located ?

the projects you see in the Spring-IDE docs are just illustrating how to use this Eclipse plugin.

JPetstore, Petclinic, etc. are samples provided with the Spring distribution and can be found under <SPRING_INSTALL_DIR>\samples.

To import "JPetstore", for example, once you've installed Eclipse and the Spring-IDE plugin:

- create "New Java Project", use "From Existing Source", add necessary libraries in the Libraries tab of the "Java Build Path" property (spring.jar from \dist and struts.jar, etc. from \lib)

- you can "Add Spring Project Nature" now

- in the "Spring Beans View" you can add /war/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml, dataAccessContext-local.xml. etc. and view the beans in the graph.