Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 3.0 - MercurialEclipse view exceptions

Hi

Trying to use view a project history in STS 3.0 and getting the following exception.
    Code:
    An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
    com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse.history.GraphLogTableViewer cannot be cast to org.eclipse.ui.part.PageBookView$SelectionProvider
    MercurialEclipse version is 1.9.1.v201111302231

This worked fine in STS 2.9.2.

David/

Hey David!

I guess that the version of MercurialEclipse that you are using is not yet compatible with Eclipse Juno 4.2 (the version that STS 3.0.0 is based on). I would recommend to install MercurialEclipse 2.0.0, which is mentioned on the webpage to be compatible with Eclipse 4.2.

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Thanks Martin, your solution did work.
      For anyone else make sure your version of kilnclient is compatible with MercurialEclipse 2.0.0, I had an old version installed and they were not compatible. So I had to uninstall the kilnclient and install newer version before MercurialEclipse 2.0.0 would work.

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear its working with the new version and thanks for letting us know!!!

Cheers,
        -Martin

Comment

Hi guys,

I had the same issue as David (error after selecting "Show History"). I'm using: GGTS 3.0 and MercurialEclipse 1.9.1
          After I updated MercurialEclipse to 2.0.0, I'm getting a different error:

Code:
          Unsupported hg version:1.8.3. Expected is at least2.0.0.
          	at com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse.MercurialEclipsePlugin.checkHgVersion(MercurialEclipsePlugin.java:274)
          	at com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse.MercurialEclipsePlugin.checkHgInstallation(MercurialEclipsePlugin.java:218)
          	at com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse.MercurialEclipsePlugin$1.run(MercurialEclipsePlugin.java:155)
          	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
          Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unsupported hg version:1.8.3. Expected is at least2.0.0.
          	at com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse.exception.HgException.<init>(HgException.java:49)
          	... 4 more
          Has anyone encountered this?

Comment

Resolved the issue.

Of course, apart from updating the MercurialEclipse plugin, I had to update the Mercurial client, installed on my machine:
            http://mercurial.selenic.com/downloads/

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for letting us know how you solved the problem!
              This could be very helpful for other forum users!!!

Thanks,
              Martin

Comment

Working...
              X