Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An internal error occurred during: "Building workspace".

All,

I'm having a problem with STS on build of my project. It's happening on M2 and M3. I think it may have to do with dependencies...but I don't seem to have any...

The Error Log (internal) shows

java.lang.Exception: ::
    OrderedLock (6),
    -------

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.handleI nternalError(LockManager.java:204)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.removeL ockCompletely(LockManager.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.WorkerPool.endJob(W orkerPool.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:71)

which seems to produce a infinate loop that looks like this in the .log file:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2012-08-09 09:13:20.466
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Building workspace".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.DeadlockDetector.re duceGraph(DeadlockDetector.java:516)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.DeadlockDetector.lo ckReleased(DeadlockDetector.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.removeL ockThread(LockManager.java:269)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.setCurr entOperationThread(OrderedLock.java:266)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.doRelea se(OrderedLock.java:195)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.OrderedLock.release (OrderedLock.java:246)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.model.ModelManag erImpl.isShared(ModelManagerImpl.java:1609)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.model.AbstractSt ructuredModel.isShared(AbstractStructuredModel.jav a:897)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.core.internal.model.AbstractSt ructuredModel.releaseFromRead(AbstractStructuredMo del.java:1020)
    at org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.internal.document.DOMMode lImpl.releaseFromRead(DOMModelImpl.java:880)
    at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.core.inter nal.model.validation.WebflowValidationContext.getS tateFromParentFlow(WebflowValidationContext.java:1 53)
    at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.core.inter nal.model.validation.WebflowValidationContext.getS tateFromParentFlow(WebflowValidationContext.java:1 93)
    at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.core.inter nal.model.validation.WebflowValidationContext.getS tateFromParentFlow(WebflowValidationContext.java:1 93)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. BTW, it was working fine for months...started the other day and happens all the time... I had added a JS plugin...thinking this was the issue, I removed it...reinstalled, installed fresh...and still happens on the "one project" in my workspace.

Thanks!
    Tim

Hi Tim, it looks like you're running into this bug https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1976 which might indicate that we need to make some optimizations to getStateFromParentFlow(). If you have any example XML that you can share here or to the bug post that would be great, but I understand that's not always possible.

One workaround if this is hitting you all the time is to increase your stack size. STS 3.0.0 is based on the newest version of Eclipse which probably has increased memory requirements and that might be why you were not hitting this before M2.

Comment

I'm happy to post an xml...not sure which one you mean? Do let me know and I'll do so if I have it.

Also, I did increase the stack size and still does it. It seems it loops until I exceed my new limit...i'm betting it's configuration or something ...but that loop continues "forever" until she pops. Any other ideas? I'm stuck in the water...have been for a few days now jerking around with trying to understand the root cause...so I can undo whatever I did.

Thanks!
      Tim

Oh, By the way, right before this error I get two LockManager.handleException (s)...they are below in the order they occur:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed: Columns and locks don't match.
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java :110)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.DeadlockDetector.re duceGraph(DeadlockDetector.java:591)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.DeadlockDetector.lo ckReleased(DeadlockDetector.java:353)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.removeL ockThread(LockManager.java:269)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.endThr eadJob(ImplicitJobs.java:161)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.end(Im plicitJobs.java:116)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.endRule( JobManager.java:660)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.ch eckOut(WorkManager.java:164)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endO peration(Workspace.java:1542)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buil dInternal(Workspace.java:531)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buil d(Workspace.java:432)
      at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BuildAction$1.runInWorkspac e(BuildAction.java:305)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorksp aceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:54)

java.lang.Exception: ::
      OrderedLock (6),
      -------

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.handleI nternalError(LockManager.java:204)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.LockManager.removeL ockThread(LockManager.java:272)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.endThr eadJob(ImplicitJobs.java:161)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.end(Im plicitJobs.java:116)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.endRule( JobManager.java:660)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.ch eckOut(WorkManager.java:164)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endO peration(Workspace.java:1542)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buil dInternal(Workspace.java:531)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.buil d(Workspace.java:432)
      at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BuildAction$1.runInWorkspac e(BuildAction.java:305)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorksp aceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:54)

eclipse.buildId=3.0.0.201207050802-M3-e42
      java.version=1.7.0
      java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
      BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
      Framework arguments: -product com.springsource.sts.ide
      Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.springsource.sts.ide
      Last edited by tmyers; Aug 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

What's happening is that the tools are trying to build up a model of your web flow by reading all of your web flow configuration files, but there's some kind of quirk that's causing the tools to nest very deeply. In the bug I linked to, another user pointed at that he had given a common ID to a couple of items across different flows. I'd guess that the validator is continuously recursing over the same couple of files.

Would you be able to share all of your configuration files (or even share the application) to the bug I linked?

Comment

Sorry all...wanted to let you know I resolved this. In a sub-flow, I a call to s ID that didn't exist. Once I crawled through all my flows and sub-flows...cleaned them up and specifically got rid of this error. Problem solved. Thanks all for the assistance.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for letting us know what caused this problem. But the tooling should maybe provide a better error message in this case that you describe, instead of throwing an exception. Leo, can you take a look at this? Thanks!

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by tmyers View Post
              Sorry all...wanted to let you know I resolved this. In a sub-flow, I a call to s ID that didn't exist. Once I crawled through all my flows and sub-flows...cleaned them up and specifically got rid of this error. Problem solved. Thanks all for the assistance.
              Thanks Tim. I've made a note of this on STS-1976 as it's useful information for us to try to reproduce the error and attempt to catch this kind of thing earlier before we stack overflow.

Comment

Working...
              X