X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validation Message: chkj3008e missing or invalid war file

I'm seeing some very strange errors popping up from STS that weren't showing the previous day when I shut down.

In the problems tabs, for several projects which have no errors the day before they are now showing with:
    "chkj3008e missing or invalid war file" with a type of Validation Message. I've done some checking around the web and I can't find any clear answer as to whats going on and STS isn't giving me any further information then that error (which appears to be at the project level and I can't seem to trace it back to what WAR it's even referring to). It doesn't stop me from compiling and the compiled code deploys and runs correctly on my TC's.

I'd greatly appreciate any help that can be given and I'll provide any additional details that may help.

Hey!

I haven't seen this before, so this is just guesswork here from my end, but in case it is a webapp, maybe the deployment assembly information of that project are of-out-date or pointing to something that is no longer there? Or maybe you just need to do a "clean" on the project?

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
      Hey!

I haven't seen this before, so this is just guesswork here from my end, but in case it is a webapp, maybe the deployment assembly information of that project are of-out-date or pointing to something that is no longer there? Or maybe you just need to do a "clean" on the project?

HTH,
      Martin
      Hi Martin,

Where can I find the direct information on the deployment assembly for the project? I know I've run into issues in the past with Build Path resources no longer being present in the expected location, but are you referring to something else?

I've cleaned and scrubbed the projects several times. After another round of Maven Clean and Project clean after making an update to one the error has vanished suddenly (No change to the POM, Build Path, etc was made by me).

Comment

Hey!

The Deployment Assembly configuration can be accessed via the properties of the project. Just right click on the project, select "Properties" and navigate to "Deployment Assembly".

In case you are using Maven and using the Maven Integration for Eclipse: do you have also the m2e-wtp integration installed? That is part of the STS distribution, but if you installed STS manually into an existing Eclipse, you don't get that automatically.

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
          Hey!

The Deployment Assembly configuration can be accessed via the properties of the project. Just right click on the project, select "Properties" and navigate to "Deployment Assembly".

In case you are using Maven and using the Maven Integration for Eclipse: do you have also the m2e-wtp integration installed? That is part of the STS distribution, but if you installed STS manually into an existing Eclipse, you don't get that automatically.

HTH,
          Martin
          Ah, there we go. There was a source hanging around in there that didn't actually exist any longer. I removed it and everything is working just fine now, thank you very much Martin!

For the record, I was using the STS distribution with Maven.

Comment

Glad to hear that I could help and that its working again!
            Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X