X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gradle logging in console

how do I show logging to debug level in the sts console?
    in an OS console its just gradle --debug - but what is it when running in the sts?

thanks
    taff

In Version 3.0.0 of STS Gradle tooling you should be able to configure commandline options like -debug in the preferences page.
    This is via menu "Widows >> Preferences >> Gradle >> Arguments".

STS 3.0.0 is not officially released yet... and unfortunately this is recently added feature, it is not available in STS 2.9.2.
    In STS 2.9.2 there is no way to set commandline options to the Gradle process.

If this is critical for you you may want to try using a snapshot build from this update site:
    http://dist.springsource.com/snapsho...gradle/nightly

What is currently on the update site won't change much or at all to what will be released any time now as 3.0.0.RELEASE.
    Checkout the readme file on github for some installation instructions.

https://github.com/SpringSource/ecli...ster/README.md

One thing I should warn is that many bundles and packages have been renamed between 2.9 and 3.0 so the 3.0 version isn't really compatible with 2.9. However, it should be possible I think, to uninstall the Gradle 2.9 support and then install Gradle 3.0 support if you make sure not to install the optional Dashboard and UAA features from the update site.

The gradle tooling themselves are quite separate from the rest of the tools and only depend on core eclipse functionality. So in theory this ought to work.

Let me know if you need more help than this.

If this seems like too much hassle then I'd suggest waiting for 3.0.0 to be officially released probably in about a week or so.

Kris

Comment

thanks Kris,

this is ok

I will wait for the 3.0.0 release

Julan

Comment

Working...
      X