X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.9.2 Maven update doesn't work

I have installed STS 2.9.2 (springsource-tool-suite-2.9.2.RELEASE-e3.7.2-win32-x86_64-installer) in my office computer. I tried to create a new Spring MVC Project. The project doesn't compile because the maven dependencies are not being resolved. I use the same version of STS in home computer and I have no problem doing this. This is probably not a problem with the tool. Gotta be some proxy firewall settings. But I did try to use the proxy that was provided and it did not make a difference. Anybody faced this problem? Any help would be appreciated. I have attached the screenshot of my screen.

Thanks,
    Selva.

I think Firewall is enabled on your office machine. so that only the dependency can't find that jar

Comment

Hey!

You need to configure the proxy in your Eclipse/STS network settings and possibly also in your settings.xml file in your Maven repo or your home directory, depending on how you configured Maven. Usually Maven needs its own proxy configuration in that settings.xml file. You can see where that file is from the Maven preferences from within Eclipse/STS.

Here is also some documentation on how to use proxies with Maven:
      http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

Worked like a charm. I didn't know about setting.xml. I was only specifying the proxy servers under preferences. Once I created the settings.xml under /users/.m2/ folder, I was able to update maven dependencies just fine. Thanks for your help Martin.

Comment

Glad to hear its working now!!! :-)

Cheers,
          -Martin

Comment

Working...
          X