Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browse deployment from Server tab

Hi,

One limitation of STS I think is that from the Debug Perspective when you go to Server tab and drill down to one of your servers and its deployments, you cannot right click on that deployment and open up its deployment location.

I do not even know where on the file system that deployment is. Other IDEs like MyEclipse for Spring have this feature. Can you please tell me how to get it in STS or if will be included in future releases?

Thanks,
    Jahan

Hey Jahan!

Very good suggestion! Please raise a JIRA enhancement ticket for this:
    https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

Thanks!
    -Martin
    Last edited by Martin Lippert; Jul 30th, 2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Hi Jean,

I see you raised a ticket here.
      https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2803

Let's follow up over there.

Kris

Comment

Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion. I created "STS-2807" for this issue.

Kris,

That ticket you mentioned was not opened by me. It is not for the same issue.

Comment

Thanks for creating the issue!

Cheers,
          -Martin

Comment

Martin,

Do we have an ETA on when this change can be completed? It is somewhat holding up my development, I have a web project that I want to debug why it is not loading correctly but I cannot even find where it has been deployed.

For the time being I am using another IDE but I want to come back to STS ASAP.

Thanks,
            Jahan

Comment

Jehan, sorry, you are right I pointed to an unrelated issue. I think I accidentally posted a reply in this thread that was actually meant for another thread.

Sorry for causing confusion.

Kris

Comment

Hey Jahan!

The requested feature will not be part of the upcoming STS 3.0.0 release (too late in the cycle), but we can try to schedule this for the STS 3.1.0 timeframe, which has an expected release date in October.

Meanwhile, if using the bundled tc Server, you can browse your deployed apps from the instance folder of your tc Server installation. There is a folder for the instance that you are using (for example "spring-insight-instance") and within that directory you can find the wtpwebapps directory that contains the deployed apps from STS.

If you are using a different server, I would take a look here (from your workspace root):
                /.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp1/wtpwebapps

Hope that helps!
                -Martin

Comment

Working...
                X