Permissions issue creating TC Server on 2.9.2/Linux Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions issue creating TC Server on 2.9.2/Linux

I am not able to create a tc server using the 'new server wizard' due to the permissions on the tc server installation directory. I am on Arch linux, which uses a pacman to install as root (as it should).

Having looked at the vmware documentation (see Procedure.5) I see that it recommends to create new instances OUTSIDE the installation directory, which is a good idea so that we can separate the distro from user-created stuff. The new server wizard should support this practice so that I don't have to mess with the installation permissions, nor run as root. It would seem obvious that the new server wizard should support the same options as quickstart/ Can you guys work on this? Is there an STS update that supports this already?

Meanwhile, is it possible for STS to be aware of instances created via in other directories?
    Last edited by bebopson; Jul 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM.

Unfortunately there is no way to create or select a tc server instance for/from a different directory. But I agree, this definitely should be the case. Therefore I filed this JIRA for this:

Hope to get to this soon!