X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions issue creating TC Server on 2.9.2/Linux

I am not able to create a tc server using the 'new server wizard' due to the permissions on the tc server installation directory. I am on Arch linux, which uses a pacman to install as root (as it should).

Having looked at the vmware documentation (see Procedure.5) I see that it recommends to create new instances OUTSIDE the installation directory, which is a good idea so that we can separate the distro from user-created stuff. The new server wizard should support this practice so that I don't have to mess with the installation permissions, nor run as root. It would seem obvious that the new server wizard should support the same options as quickstart/createInstance.sh. Can you guys work on this? Is there an STS update that supports this already?

Meanwhile, is it possible for STS to be aware of instances created via tcruntime-instance.sh in other directories?
    Last edited by bebopson; Jul 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM.

Hey!

Unfortunately there is no way to create or select a tc server instance for/from a different directory. But I agree, this definitely should be the case. Therefore I filed this JIRA for this:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2768

Hope to get to this soon!
    -Martin

Comment

Working...
    X