X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS and Roo locks up

Im experimenting with STS and Roo. it worked for a while, but then i did a "help" command in roo and now roo won't process anything. all it does inside STS is hang. if i do a "hint" command, it just hangs and STS sits there in progress saying its processing the command.

i have deleted the entire spring source folder and put out a fresh copy, same
    i have deleted roo 1.2.1 and replaced it with 1.2.2, same
    i can't create a new folder because roo hangs
    i tried jps to do a dump but every time i run jps it gives me a different process number, therefore jstack can't link to it.

im stuck, im about to just delete my workspace and start over to see if its something inside the workspace meta data but this is just weird. any ideas?

well, i just tried deleting the workspace and creating a new one and the same thing occures.

Comment

i was able to get a stack dump

Comment

this gets stranger. I just brought down 3.0.0 M3 and just got the same problem. what could possibly be going wrong here?

Comment

found it, i got hit by this

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-1931

Comment

Hey!

Great to see that you found the root cause of your problems and posted the link to the JIRA. Does the workaround that is mentioned in the JIRA work for you?

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
              Hey!

Great to see that you found the root cause of your problems and posted the link to the JIRA. Does the workaround that is mentioned in the JIRA work for you?

-Martin
              Yes, the only thing that tripped me up is the fact im using windows 7. for windows programs and my cygwin console use the home folder of /user/me, some other programs use the folder /user/ES48384 or whatever. once i realized STS was using the shadow folder, i deleted the file and it worked. i would vote for the bug to have it fixed but i don't feel like registering for yet another bug tracking system at this time. (google authentication in jira, hint hint)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
                Hey!

-Martin
                but i do anticipate this will be a big issue for us. the way our system is architected, we have 38 individual applications (projects) in one workspace. so if we switch to this and use roo extensively, i see this becoming a very annoying issue. so much so i may task one of my guys to patch roo to handle it. but i prefer not to do that as that would be a big pain in the you know. any clue on when this would be fixed? its still an issue in 1.2.2

or i may just write a shell script that checks to make sure that file is deleted, then launch STS. that would solve the problem too.

Comment

Hey!

I am checking this at the moment to see how and when we can come up with a better solution for this. I hope that the script workaround does the job for you at the moment.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X