Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Google Plugin for Eclipse extension fails to install in STS 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google Plugin for Eclipse extension fails to install in STS 2.9.1 and 2.9.2

    Starting a brand new install of STS 2.9.1 or 2.9.2, I select Google Plugin for Eclipse from the Configure Extensions tab on the Dashboard. I always get the message: "The following connectors are not available: Google Plugin for Eclipse. I can continue with the installation and am prompted to install:
    - Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 3.0.1.v201206290132-rel-r37 and
    - Google Web Toolkit SDK 2.4.0 2.4.0.v201206290132-rel-r37
    and I accept the license. At the end of the install I am prompted to restart STS.

    The installation looks like it works. I don't know if there are any log files to check, but the sts-2.9.1.RELEASE/configuration/org.eclipse.update/install.log file looks fine. However, the option: Google Plugin for Eclipse continues to show up in the Dashboard Configure Extensions tab. If I try to install again I get an error saying that Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.7 will be ignored because it is already installed. Note, the "Show Installed" checkbox is not selected.

    This may not be a big deal, but I have other errors that occur later and I wanted to work through these one at a time.

    I'm running this on os x 10.6.8.

    Perhaps this is related to the thread: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...plugin+eclipse

    Thank you for any suggestions.

  • #2
    Hey!

    Thanks for reporting this problem. The id of a problematic feature had changed, so I updated the Dashboard extension install item for the Google Plugin to incorporate this change. Installation should work again smoothly.

    Thanks for pointing me to this problem!!!

    Cheers,
    -Martin

    Comment


    • #3
      That worked, thank you.

      Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
      Hey!

      Thanks for reporting this problem. The id of a problematic feature had changed, so I updated the Dashboard extension install item for the Google Plugin to incorporate this change. Installation should work again smoothly.

      Thanks for pointing me to this problem!!!

      Cheers,
      -Martin

      Comment


      • #4
        Great, thanks for the feedback!!!

        Cheers,
        -Martin

        Comment

        Working...
        X