Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS and GGTS 3.0.0.M3 released

Dear Spring Community,

I am pleased to announce the availability of the third milestone build of the upcoming Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.0.

Among the highlights of this milestone release:
    • ships on top of Eclipse Juno 4.2 release
    • includes Groovy-Eclipse 2.7.0 release, which includes Groovy 2.0 compiler support
    • includes AJDT 2.2.0 release and AspectJ 1.7.0 release (including Java7 support)
    • new support for Spring Data (content-asisst, validation)
    • simplified template project authoring and hosting
    For more details about new and changed features, please refer to the 3.0.0.M3 New and Noteworthy document.

If you come across incompatibilities, migration problems, bugs, or any other suggestions, please provide feedback in this forum and file issues via JIRA.

Downloads are available from the official STS download page, take a look in the „Other Downloads“ section.

The final 3.0 releases are scheduled for early August 2012.

Enjoy!

Can not you make better looking toolbar? The blue background does not look nice. It should have same color as menu. Also it would be helpful to have configurable icons on toolbar. Something like right click on toolbar and select configure icons from popup menu.

Comment

Hey!

This is inherited from Eclipse, but you can switch the overall look and feel via the preferences. If that is not enough, you could even pimp the used CSS styles for the workbench, if you wanna dive that deep.

Regarding the configuration of the toolbar: You can configure the actions via the "configure perspective" menu.

HTH,
      Martin

Comment

If you mean General = appearance = theme then most themes do not change toolbar backgroud, only exception is Windows XP Olive which makes it looking better, because it is brighter and vertical tabs between icon groups are visible.

You are against changing imported styles? You can make own STS style with your Spring branding colors. I am pretty sure that your UI designer can do something with really not very attractive Eclipse 4 colors.

Comment

Hi Martin,
          are there update site instructions for 3.0.0 on Eclipse 4.2 available anywhere? On the STS download page I see just the possibility to download the STS 3.0.0 bundles and the update site instructions for STS 2.9.2 on Eclipse 3.7.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey!

Originally posted by hsn View Post
            You are against changing imported styles? You can make own STS style with your Spring branding colors. I am pretty sure that your UI designer can do something with really not very attractive Eclipse 4 colors.
            I agree, we should do something about this. I will talk to our designers about this.
            Since we are late in the game for the STS 3.0.0 release, we will consider this for 3.1 (planned for October 2012).

Thanks for the feedback!!!
            -Martin

Comment

Hey!

Originally posted by mauromol View Post
              Hi Martin,
              are there update site instructions for 3.0.0 on Eclipse 4.2 available anywhere? On the STS download page I see just the possibility to download the STS 3.0.0 bundles and the update site instructions for STS 2.9.2 on Eclipse 3.7.
              STS 3.0.0 is still in milestone state, therefore we haven't updated the installation instructions for the release versions yet. This will happen in time for the STS 3.0.0 release.

In the meantime, if you want to install the latest STS 3.0.0 milestone pieces into an existing Eclipse installation, please go to this update site:

http://dist.springsource.com/milesto...S/update/e4.2/ and install the components you would like to use. If you have trouble using that update site, please let us know.

HTH,
              Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,
                I successfully installed STS 3.0.0 M3 on Eclipse 4.2 using the update site you provided, thanks. Previously I had tried to "guess" that update site address without luck :-P

Mauro.

Comment

Glad to hear its working now!!!

Cheers,
                  -Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X