Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Seeing IllegalStateException with Infinitest 5.1.103 and STS 2.9.2 and Spring 3.1.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing IllegalStateException with Infinitest 5.1.103 and STS 2.9.2 and Spring 3.1.1

I'm seeing a very similar problem to this: https://github.com/infinitest/infinitest/issues/57.

I'm not sure where the problem is located....but it seems like it's an error with how Infinitest handles the Context. I was hoping someone here might point the Infinitest guys in the right direction.

I've searched the forums here and found this: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...ght=infinitest (but I don't have this problem. the tests run, they just fail incorrectly. If I run the tests manually with JUnit 4.1.10, I get a greenbar.

I end up getting red X's in the Problem view of STS.

I'm running: JDK 1.6, SpringToolSuite 2.9.2 with Infinitest 5.1.103.

Here's my error and my test class:

Code:
    IllegalStateException (Failed to load ApplicationContext) in OfficeDaoImplTest.testAnything OfficeDaoImplTest.java /office/src/test/java/com/paraware/office/dao line 0 Infinitest Test Failure
    Code:
    import static org.hamcrest.Matchers.*;
    import static org.junit.Assert.*;

import java.util.List;

import org.junit.Test;
    import org.junit.runner.RunWith;
    import org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.Autowired;
    import org.springframework.test.context.ActiveProfiles;
    import org.springframework.test.context.ContextConfiguration;
    import org.springframework.test.context.TestExecutionListeners;
    import org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner;
    import org.springframework.test.context.support.DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener;
    import org.springframework.test.context.support.DirtiesContextTestExecutionListener;
    import org.springframework.test.context.transaction.TransactionalTestExecutionListener;

import com.github.springtestdbunit.DbUnitTestExecutionListener;
    import com.github.springtestdbunit.annotation.DatabaseSetup;
    import com.paraware.office.domain.Office;
    import com.paraware.office.spring.DaoLayerConfiguration;
    import com.paraware.office.spring.TestDataSourceConfiguration;

@RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class)
    @ContextConfiguration(classes = { DaoLayerConfiguration.class,
            TestDataSourceConfiguration.class })
    @TestExecutionListeners({ DependencyInjectionTestExecutionListener.class,
            DirtiesContextTestExecutionListener.class,
            TransactionalTestExecutionListener.class,
            DbUnitTestExecutionListener.class })
    @ActiveProfiles("test")
    public class OfficeDaoImplTest {

@Autowired
        private OfficeDao officeDao;

@Test
        @DatabaseSetup("OfficeDaoImplTest.xml")
        public void testAnything()
        {
            // do anything
        }
    }

I also see another failure:

Code:
    NoSuchMethodError (org.hamcrest.Matcher.describeMismatch(Ljava/lang/Object;Lorg/hamcrest/Description;)V) in OfficeDaoTest.testAnything2
    which is reminiscent of this problem, which leads me to believe the classpath is being set incorrectly:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...h-when-running The recommended fix of moving hamcrest before junit in the classpath fixes the problem.

Hey!

As mentioned on the other forum post that you are referring to, did you check this maybe also with a pure Eclipse JEE installation to see if this is a general Infinitest problem? Otherwise hard to find out where the problem could be on my end here. Can you try that? That would be awesome!

-Martin

Comment

I had a similar problem with a Spring Roo generated application, which I fixed by editing the following line in the (generated by Roo) AspectJ file called IntegrationTest_Roo_IntegrationTest.aj ...

declare @type: IntegrationTest: @ContextConfiguration(locations = "classpath:/META-INF/spring/applicationContext*.xml");

I added an asterix after "classpath" and before the ":" ... I would suggest doing something similar to the "locations" parameter of your "@ContextConfiguration()" annotation.

Note that I did this without understanding what the asterix actually does in this case (I assume it does some sort of wildcard matching, perhaps on the name of the CLASSPATH environment variable??), I just saw a similar context configuration in another post while trying to track down a solution for this and I got lucky. Maybe I'll look it up one day :-) Cheers!

Murray...

Comment

Working...
      X