Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse plug-in installation problem

Hi,
    I'm having problems trying to installing the sts eclipse plugin. I tried to install it from both marketplace and following the installation guide downloaded from the sts website!
    I'm using eclipse Indigo JEE SR2 64 bit on a 64 bit linux system...the sts version is the 2.9.2.
    I've already installed sts successfully in another pc...the difference is the 32bit version of system and eclipse both.
    I have no real installation problem as it finishes successfully but when I restart eclipse no plugins are loaded at all.
    I mean are not loaded even m2e,egit,hibernate tools ecc..
    I tried to install first sts as I thought that sts plugin maybe has conflicts with another plugin but the results is the same...eclipse indigo is unable to load the plugin even if it is installed successfully!
    please..help...

So, the install is successful, but you don't see the new features inside of STS? Odd.

Try the following:

1. Make sure that the current user has write access to the STS install directory before installing STS.
    2. Take a look at the error log and post any relevant errors here: Window -> Show view -> Other -> Error log.
    3. Open the Plugin Registry view. Window -> Show view -> Other -> Plugin Registry. Look for the com.springsource.sts.ui bundle. Select, right-click -> show advanced, right-click -> Start (if it's not already started). Any exceptions?

Comment

Hi...thanks for your reply.
      I solved creating a new eclipse installation in my home folder because I thought the problem was, as you correctly suggested, about eclipse folder permissions. I tried to modify them before posting this thread unsuccessfully as my first thought was just this one. Basically I was trying to install STS as eclipse plugin but my eclipse folder was located in my /opt folder. What happened is strange because in the other pc I hadn't any problem with this location even without changing folder permissions but with the bit version's difference. In fact the other pc has 32 bit eclipse/system version both.
      Is my problem related to the 64 bit eclipse/system write permission?!
      As I said before, at the moment I solved my problem with a new eclipse installation, always 64 bit version, but is interesting for me to know why I was unable to use it in my old way.
      btw...thanks again for your interest...

Comment

Working...
      X