Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
ggts development - grails-core and groovy-eclipse build-path dependencies? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ggts development - grails-core and groovy-eclipse build-path dependencies?

hi,

what are the required steps to start developing on ggts (not "using" it but working with the source)?

- i cloned the grails-ide project, imported the projects. looked like some commons dependencies are missing
    - i cloned the eclipse-integration-commons, imported the projects. errors reduced. now it looks like there are still some dependencies from grails and groovy-eclipse needed.

--> now i am a bit stuck. is cloning/importing grails-core and groovy-eclipse necessary? i even tried that but to no success... or do i just need to add some jar dependencies to certain grails-ide subprojects?

thanks for any help,

zyro

It's great that you are interested in working on contributing to grails-ide! We have not finalized the contribution docs. This is something that we are planning on doing next week.

But, in general, if you start off with GGTS, all you will need to do is clone the grails-ide repositiory. Some projects should not be imported into your Eclipse (the junit-runtime plugin). This should help you to compile clean. But, please be patient while we make things easier and more clear.

Comment

thanks for the pointer. of course im happy to wait for the contribution docs. was just very excited about the source being available so i wanted to take a first look behind the scenes

after removing the junit-runtime plugin, what remains are some build-errors in org.grails.ide.eclipse.test and org.grails.ide.eclipse.test.ui looking like they belong to groovy-eclipse. e.g. org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.test or org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.

maybe avoiding these errors can go into the docs too

thanks again,

zyro

Comment

thanks for improving the readme! you guys are really quick and approachable. keep on.

Comment

No problem.

It's a more complicated readme than we would have liked, but there are lots of pieces. Please let us know if you find anything confusing or incorrect.

Comment

Working...
          X