Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse gradle plugin: timeout waiting for gradle daemon

Hello!

I have problems using the STS eclipse gradle plugin. I have installed the STS gradle plugin to my Eclipse
    without problems (using the tutorial).
    When I now try to import a Gradle Project using the import wizard, I get a timout error when I trigger "Build Model":
    from the log:
    12:42:39.496 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.Daemon] awaitIdleTimeout(10800000) called on daemon
    12:42:39.496 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.DaemonStateCoord inator] waiting for daemon to stop or be idle for 10800000ms
    12:42:39.496 [DEBUG] [org.gradle.launcher.daemon.server.DaemonStateCoord inator] waiting for daemon to stop or idle timeout, daemon is idle, sleeping until daemon state change or idle timeout at Sat Jun 16 15:42:39 CEST 2012

I successfully set the gradle binary location into the eclipse settings and even start the gradle daemon manually. Nothing helped. I cannot build the model from the import wizard.

Additional information (I tried STS 2.9, Eclipse 3.6, Eclipse 3.7) OS: Windows 7
    Please help!
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have not seen it before. But I think it is some problem within how the Gradle tooling API connects to the daemon. I.e. I think the problem is on the Gradle side, not the STS side. A good place to try and get help with this is the Gradle forum. What you are seeing could in fact be a bug in Gradle tooling API and infrastructure.

The gradle forum is here.

http://forums.gradle.org/gradle

It is possible that you can 'fix' the problem by adding arguments to the gradle operations. In the 3.0.0.M2 version of Gradle tooling it is now possible to add extra arguments in a global preferences page. So, if the gradle guys have an idea on what may be causing the problem connecting to the daemon and suggest adding some commandline options you'll need 3.0.0.M2 version of the tooling.

Unfortunately, these are not compatible with STS 2.9.x... but I can help you get this setup if need be. Just come back here with questions about that :-)

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Kris

Comment

Working...
    X