Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS Mac OS X (Cocoa, 64bit) download problem

Hi there,

I'm trying to download Mac OS X (Cocoa, 64bit) .gz or dmg installer for my imac (lion, 64 bit). The gz file download can never finish, and just hangs my browser (chrome or safari). The dmg installer downloaded OK, but nothing shows up in the package for me to install.
    Does anyone have similar problem, any way that I can make this to work?
    Thanks,

David

Hey David!

Can you tell me which file do you download exactly (maybe the exact URL)? Just to make sure we are talking about the same file here and that I can tryout the exactly same thing.

Aside of that, are you maybe behind a corporate firewall/proxy? I know that those settings often cause problems when downloading larger ZIP files.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
      Hey David!

Can you tell me which file do you download exactly (maybe the exact URL)? Just to make sure we are talking about the same file here and that I can tryout the exactly same thing.

Aside of that, are you maybe behind a corporate firewall/proxy? I know that those settings often cause problems when downloading larger ZIP files.

-Martin
      It is this file: http://download.springsource.com/rel...-x86_64.tar.gz
      the download will start OK, but hang at the last bit, can never finish downloading.
      and I'm not behind and firewall.
      Thanks,

David

Comment

Hey David!

I tried this again and the URL works for me. The behavior you are describing sounds a lot like there is a proxy somewhere that checks the file, but you said you are not behind a firewall, so I am somewhat clueless here. The file is there and downloadable.

You can also try to use this URL, maybe that behaves differently for you:
        http://dist.springsource.com/release...-x86_64.tar.gz

HTH,
        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lippert View Post
          Hey David!

I tried this again and the URL works for me. The behavior you are describing sounds a lot like there is a proxy somewhere that checks the file, but you said you are not behind a firewall, so I am somewhat clueless here. The file is there and downloadable.

You can also try to use this URL, maybe that behaves differently for you:
          http://dist.springsource.com/release...-x86_64.tar.gz

HTH,
          Martin
          Hi Martin, thanks for following up and testing this. It turned out was the Sophos antivirus I installed on my iMac preventing the downloading from being completed. After I uninstalled it (it gave me other problems as well, mainly slowing the computer down dramatically), the download went smoothly.
          Thanks again!

David

Comment

Hey David!

Glad to hear you got the complete download now. Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,
            -Martin

Comment

Working...
            X