Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to generate an overview of all used Annotations in STS?

Hey there,

As I'm pretty busy using STS for developing webapplications/-services, I'd like to get an overview of the used annotations. Just don't know how.

In a not so far past I used to develop webservices in the oldfashioned way: define the beans in the spring-ws-servlet.xml file. These days I'm more into using annotations; the XML file doesn't require the bean definitions. It practicallly only contains the "<sws:annotation-driven />" element, leaving discovery of annotations up to Spring.

Now, to get to the point of this topic: I have a bunch of classes used for the webservice and throughout those classes several annotations are used. As I would like to have an overview of injected objects, dependencies and other annotation related aspects (like I kinda had with the non-annotation version of the spring-ws-servlet.xml, wherein beans were defined), I assume it would be logic that STS has a tool, perspective or whatever to create that overview. I just can't find it in STS.

Anyone knows where to create an overview of all used annotations? Or must I download a specific plugin?

Thanks for the help .
    Cheers!

No one has answered this yet, so this is leading me to believe that there is nothing specific in STS to help you. The best that I can think of is to type CTRL-H and open the search pane. Here you can search for references to particular types. If there is a naming convention for all the annotations you are looking for, then you can use wildcards in your search and you should be able to find everything you need.

Also, if your project is a spring project, then you should check out the spring perspective and open the project in the project explorer. It will emphasize all of the spring components in your project. I am not sure if this is sufficient for what you need, though.

If there are other things you need then I'd recommend opening a feature request in our issue tracker:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS

Comment

Working...
    X