Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradle: disable switching gradle version on error

Hi,
    how can I get the gradle plugin to never ask me to try a failed build again with a different version of gradle?

This is driving me nuts. I confess I don't fully read the error dialogs after a gradle task fails, because I need to see the full console output anyway. And switching to an older version of gradle is useless as it lacks API that my plugins are using. So it sometimes happens that I overlook the question "try again with version blabla ...", and the global workspace configuration is switched to a useless version, and no gradle build works anymore.

To add insult to injury, the "use default of gradle wrapper" version is somehow also no longer the current release candidate, although it is in a pristine workspace. This forces me to look up the distribution URL of the current version again on the gradle website - which is totally annoying.

Is there a way to completely and terminally stop that?

Hi rainer,

I'm really sorry for the frustration. A while back I actually removed this 'feature', then put it back in after someone told me they liked how it 'fixed' a problem for them. But I guess I do see the potential for this to be a major PITA. Unfortunately I'm afraid you can't really turn it off. It should only ask you once per session, but the next time you restart your STS it will probably ask again if there's an error.

Unfortunately I have no immediate fix for you, but I will make sure this 'feature' is removed or at least easily disabled for the next release.

Thanks for your honest feedback.

Kris

Comment

I've created this Jira issue:
      https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2639

Comment

Working...
      X