Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a maven project

Hello,

I have a problem in creating a new maven project with Springsource Tool Suite. I tried to create a new project with File> New > Other.. > Maven > Maven Project. I choosed the maven-archetype-webapp in the org.apache.maven.archetypes group. Then, I fill in the GroupId, the ArtifactId, the version and the package. I click on Finish.

A new project have well being created in the workspace (I have the folders and the files) but the project doesn't appear in the IDE even after refresh.

I got a second problem:
    I delete all the created files and folders to retry. Now, I have an error message : Invalid project name: Project "MyProject" already exists.

Did I make something wrong?

For Information, I've a warning at the creation of the project : Build path specifies execution environment J2SE-1.5. There are no JREs installed in the workspace that are strictly compatible with this environment.

Hey!

The warning that you mentioned doesn't sound related to the problem you are describing. It sounds like the project is being created correctly on disc, but is somehow hidden inside your IDE. What happens when you try to import that project (Import as existing project). Does it show up in the list as selectable item? If not, it clearly seems like the project IS in your workspace, but is being hidden. Did you check the package explorer settings for working sets, etc.? Mylyn active?

HTH,
    Martin

Comment

Working...
    X